Business & COVID Queensland
Business and COVID – 17 December 2021
This article offers a resource for business coming out of the RDA Moreton Bay presentation for business at the North Lakes Sports Club on 24 November 2021. Thank you to RDA Moreton Bay for the opportunity to be involved.
Businesses to be affected
Hospitality, vulnerable settings (aged care, health, prisons etc), indoor entertainment, outdoor entertainment, festivals, weddings, government galleries, museums and libraries, etc.
Retail, public transport, places of worship etc are referred to as not subject to vaccination restrictions.
Where to start?
- Official government websites – there are links to all Federal, State and Territory official sites here – https://www.australia.gov.au/
- Understand that State and Territory requirements and directions are all different. You will need advice relevant to each. The following information is for QUEENSLAND
Check out the FAQs in response to questions from business.
Regarding the Qld Health Direction expected on 17 December 2021
This is currently a plan without legal effect, it will become a binding Public Health Direction as soon as it is published online.
register for the Qld Check-in App and clearly display the QR Code at each entrance
display the COVID Safe Checklist at your premises
maintain social distancing – 1 person per 2 square metres (capacity) and 1.5m (proximity)
display the vaccination rules at your business premises (download)
promote the requirement on your website and social media channels
Where do the laws come from?
- COVID-19 Emergency Response Act 2020 passed on 23 April 2020 and last updated 9 September 2021. The current expiry date of that legislation is 30 April 2022.
- Regulations made under the Public Health Act 2005 on 3 December 2021 extended the current public health emergency until 11.59pm on 26 March 2022. It is possible that Parliament may further extend that period. Each of the last two extensions were for 90 days.
- The Federal Government declaration of the human biosecurity emergency period ends on 17 December 2021.
FREE RESOURCE DOWNLOAD
Download our PDF of this article including active links for your use.